How to Add a Porch on a Modular Home
Preferred Homes is a leading provider of modular and manufactured homes. For those considering purchasing one of these popular housing solutions, there are many ways to accessorize and customize your home. One increasingly common method is the addition of a porch.
Throughout all of history, so much has happened on porches. From waving goodbyes to first kisses to sitting on the porch swing and rocking chairs talking all night, our culture revolves around this area in a beautiful way. Manufactured homes with porches are the best way to get the home of your dreams while also creating a space for family and guests to gather.
If you’re wondering how to add porches to your new modular home, Preferred has you covered. When you buy a home with us, we handle the installation of the porch in factory or on site.
1. Reach Out to Preferred
The first step in getting your new modular home with a porch is to contact Preferred. Our team is always prepared to assist you and guide you in the right direction. Whether you have a few questions and concerns or you’re ready to jump right in, our experts will take care of you every step of the way.
2. Decide Which Porch Best Fits Your Needs
Some customers come to us knowing exactly what they want, while others might need a bit of help choosing. We’re certain there’s a design for everyone. Browse designs online for inspiration and work with our talented design team to get the perfect pick. Get a front porch, a back porch, or a complete wrap-around porch to make your new house feel more like home.
3. Allow Preferred to Install the Porch
The final step is the porch installation. Don’t risk trying to tackle it on your own—it’s always best to leave this part to the professionals for both your safety and for proper structural stability. When you buy a home with us, we install the porch right onto the home in the factory or upon the home’s arrival to your site. Preferred’s team will take care of making sure everything is up to code and that the porch is safe for you, your family, and guests for years to come.
Types of Modular Porches
Maybe your taste is a modular farmhouse with a wrap-around porch, or perhaps you’re looking for a simple front porch. Either way, Preferred Homes has options. We’ll build the porch of your choosing right onto your new Preferred modular home. Select from these common options, or get creative and come to us with your ideas.
- Wrap-around porch: Every corner of your home will be accessible with a stunning wrap-around porch. As the sun moves throughout the day, you’ll always have access to the best seat on the porch with the flexibility of decorating the front, sides, and back of your home’s exterior.
- Ramp-accessible porch: Increase your property’s accessibility with a ramp-accessible porch for family and guests. From meeting ADA requirements to ease of access for parents with strollers, ramps are a convenient addition that benefit many groups of people.
- Enclosed porch: Also known as a sunroom, this option allows you to close your porch in for added protection from the elements. It’s the perfect way to hang out with your guests no matter the weather. You can even customize it further by selecting the type and number of doors.
- Screened porch: Keep bugs out while still enjoying a fresh breeze. Summer bug bites while relaxing on the porch will be a thing of the past.
- Flat roof porch: Stand out with a flat roof porch. The roofs of these porches are easier to build and require less materials, making them a slightly more affordable option.
Benefits of Having a Porch on a Manufactured Home
Invite friends and family over for game nights on the front porch, or simply hang out on the porch with a few drinks and great conversation.
Enjoy the Outdoors
Manufactured homes with porches allow for more time spent outdoors. Whether you’re sitting out reading a book in the crisp fall air or watching the sunrise on a warm summer morning, there’s plenty of opportunity to get out of the house without ever having to leave home. Plus, on a rainy day, you’ll be sheltered from the elements.
Enhance Your Curb Appeal
A home without a porch is like a pizza without toppings or a wall with no photos. The immediate value and aesthetic appeal it adds is noticeable. Enhance your new home’s curb appeal with a stunning, custom-built modular porch.
Perks of Working with Preferred Homes
- Convenient: Working with Preferred Homes is the most convenient way to get a porch for your modular home. When you buy a new home from us, we build your chosen design into your home in the factory.
- Affordable: Manufactured home porches are pre-fabricated, built into your home, and more affordable than traditional porch construction methods.
- Customizable: From the posts to the rails, there’s ample opportunity to make it your own. Preferred ensures you get a home with a porch you love from start to finish by allowing for total customization in the design.
Trust Preferred for Manufactured Home Porches
Ready for a brand new home with a custom porch? Reach out to Preferred Homes and let’s get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are There Any Restrictions on Building a Modular Porch?
If there are any area-specific restrictions or regulations on installing your modular porch, Preferred will handle making sure everything is up to local code. Rest easy and we’ll take care of everything else.
Is the Porch Attached to the Roof of the Home?
When purchasing a home from Preferred, your porch will be completely attached to the home and tied in to the roof.
Is Building a Porch on a Modular Home the Same as a Traditional Home?
Manufactured home porches are built onto your home in the factory, allowing for a simpler installation. This saves you money versus a porch for traditionally built homes.
Can I Build a Front Porch on My Modular Home?
Anyone can build porches on modular homes, but we highly recommend leaving it to the professionals. Many DIY jobs end up being structurally unstable, greatly decreasing their longevity and creating a safety hazard. The professionals at Preferred Homes are prepared to handle your manufactured home porch installation, whether it’s in the factory or on site after we deliver your home.
How Much Does It Cost to Build a Porch for a Manufactured Home?
The cost of your porch will be very unique to your situation. From the type of roof chosen to the size and the materials, Preferred Homes can help estimate the cost of your desired porch project.